For all businesses, effective marketing is crucial for boosting brand awareness and reaching new customers. However, this challenge is amplified for businesses in the cannabis industry. Most paid cannabis advertising is banned on social media platforms and search engines, making it very difficult for companies in the cannabis industry to promote their businesses. Legitimate, completely legal businesses are not able to advertise to customers, even in their own state. Luckily, there is still an effective way to get your name out there and educate potential customers. Learn more about how organic marketing is the ideal solution for your cannabis business, and how content cucumber can help.
What is Organic Marketing?
In contrast to paid ads, organic marketing is a strategy that gets your target audience’s attention over time. Instead of paying for people to see your content by boosting posts, organic marketing focuses on providing value and earning industry authority with your content. Using organic marketing, you create authentic relationships with customers. With organic content, you educate readers, increase website traffic, and develop your brand voice.
The best part about organic marketing is that it can be done using your own website. Blog posts, newsletters, infographics, eBooks, checklists, videos, and more can all be published on your website or sent to your email lists to build a strong foundation for organic content. When you publish educational, helpful, and interesting content that is relevant to your industry, you attract and convert new customers.
Content for Cannabis
Organic marketing is the best way for businesses in the cannabis industry to get their name out and reach new customers. Instead of becoming frustrated by the restrictions on paid advertising, focus on creating content about cannabis that people will share because it is helpful. Use your own website to publish blogs and other informative content that is relevant to your business and your target audience would search for. Some effective content ideas include:
- Guides on how to use your products
- Industry trends or news
- History about your industry
- Relevant facts/ informational articles
- Debunking myths
- How to’s
- Gift guides
Social Impact of Content
Your content will not only serve as a great marketing tool, but it will also help to correct some of the misinformation about cannabis. You can use your content to make a positive social impact and reduce the stigma of the cannabis industry. Using content marketing, you can spread accurate, helpful information while dispelling myths and misconceptions about cannabis.
Tips for Successful Cannabis Content
Organic content marketing is a great solution for building brand awareness and a positive social impact, but it must be done correctly to be effective. Some of the most important tips for a successful organic marketing strategy include:
- Consistency: Organic marketing is a long-term effort. To see results, you need to consistently publish relevant, high-quality content for an extended period of time. Create a content schedule you can stick with and plan your ideas ahead of time.
- Stay ahead of trends: Pay close attention to the content, news, and research in your industry. Be one of the first to share new information in order to be relevant. Posting a new announcement six months after the fact will not have the same impact as being one of the first to share the news within a couple of weeks of it.
- Stay true to your brand: Your content should be clearly aligned with your brand voice and values. Use a tone and style that is connected with your brand.
- Don’t focus solely on selling: Organic content marketing is not about constantly pitching your products or services. It is certainly okay to publish some content focused on your products or to include them somewhere in your content, but the objective of the content should not be a sales pitch. Focus on building a true connection with customers by offering helpful information, and they will naturally gravitate toward your brand.
Getting Started with Content Marketing
The sooner you begin your content marketing strategy, the sooner you can begin reaching and educating more customers. While content has incredible benefits for businesses in the cannabis industry, it can be difficult to know where to start and how to create useful content. In the midst of daily business operations, creating content can be overwhelming.
Luckily, we can help with that. The Content Cucumber gives you a dedicated writer who will help you bring all of your content ideas to life. You simply submit a request for the content idea and your talented writer will bring it to life. Not sure what to write about? Our writers can even provide content ideas and create relevant, interesting ideas that will captivate your target audience. With Content Cucumber, you do not need to spend hours managing freelancers or writing your own content. Learn more about how Content Cucumber can help you with organic marketing by visiting our website HERE.