Digital marketing is pivotal to the success of modern companies, as consumers are increasingly relying on the Internet to help them find businesses, products and services. When it comes to digital marketing, however, taking an integrated approach that involves multiple tactics can be the best way for businesses to:
- Create a compelling presence wherever potential customers may be looking for them online
- Cultivate and grow brand awareness
- Stand out from competitors while expanding their customer base.
To help business owners make the best investments, the following shares a handful of proven digital marketing tactics for any type of business.
1. Leverage SEO to Drive More Traffic
Optimizing the pages on your website can position your site for better rankings and more traffic. As the pros at Wordtracker point out, SEO for websites involves many different components, like (but not limited to):
- On-page SEO – This covers everything from use of keywords and headings to links, page formatting and the quality of the content itself.
- Off-page SEO – This includes (and is not exclusive to) site loading times, the information architecture of the site and backlinks to the site.
2. Invest in Social Media Marketing
According to Dreamgrow, more than 70 percent of social media users who have a good experience with a brand through its social channels will recommend that brand to the people they know. That’s certainly a strong case for businesses to stay active on social media.
Other good reasons for businesses to engage in social media marketing include that it can:
- Humanize a business, showcasing its voice
- Provide strong ‘social proof’ of the quality of a business’ products and/or services, especially through the reviews and comments others leave on the business’ social media pages
- Offer a way for a business to connect with people who may not immediately find its website.
Integrating social media pages with other digital marketing efforts – like linking social pages to a business’ website – is a great way to maximize the impact of these tactics.
3. Be Consistent With Email Marketing
Of all of the different types of digital marketing tactics, email marketing is perhaps one of the most cost-effective options. In fact, as Constant Contact points out, every $1 spent on email marketing typically generates an average return of $38.
Another benefit of email marketing is that it doesn’t require potential customers to actually be looking for businesses online. Instead, it puts the business in place that a customer will likely be already (and be checking on a regular basis) – in his or her email inbox.
Additionally, it’s important to note here that email marketing can be effective whether or not the customer actually opens the email. Simply seeing an email from a business can keep that business “top of mind” so that, whenever the customer may be ready for the business’ products and/or services, (s)he will likely think of first turning to the business that’s sending him or her emails on a regular basis.
4. Run Paid Ad Campaigns
Paid online ad campaigns can be another effective way to capture the online consumer’s attention, generate brand awareness and grow profits. When it comes to running paid ad campaigns, businesses can option for pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns and/or Facebook ad campaigns. Each of these options can be used to target a specific type of customer base, and both can be tailored to fit different budgets, campaign timelines and other factors.
The Bottom Line on Digital Marketing Tactics for Businesses
When it comes to digital marketing for businesses, the bottom line is that incorporating a variety of tactics can be essential to realizing the maximum return on these investments and setting businesses up for optimal success.
Are you ready to take your digital marketing tactics to the next level? Content Cucumber can help by supporting all of your content creation needs. Try us out at no cost by requesting a FREE blog sample. We look forward to wowing you with our awesome content!